Copyright © 1996-2006 Cherryville.com
All Rights Reserved.
Site maintained by
- Helped bring about City Manager
form of government with Larry Parker being first to serve in that
- Worked to expand and improve
- Helped raise 20,000 to build a
new City Park. Ground was broken on October 6, 1966 for the new
recreational park, providing expanded facilities for night games,
tennis courts, outdoor basketball, volly ball, a regulation. sized
field, and a children's playground.
- In 1980's when additional funds
were needed he gave $17,000 to grade the field at the park in order to
give the senior Little League a ballpark comparable to the American
Legion Stadium. City Council voted to name the park "AARON MOSS
- City limits were extended to
include the new Jr-Sr High School, Caroline Freight Carriers, Upchurch
Garden Center and the surrounding area. This annexation added 410 acres
in size and $47,000 annually to the city treasury.
- Helped bring natural gas to
- Aeriation Tank was added to
Ballard Lagoon in order to accept industrial waste. (Made possible the
location of Sweetree Mills" new dye house in Cherryville)
- New Public Works Building was
constructed at location just off South Mountain Street.
- Six additional acres of land
was acquired for the City Memorial Cemetery.
- Set goal in his years of
service "to do his best for all the people all the time.